Wednesday, December 30, 2009

oops

Soo my favorite story in the last month happened a few weeks ago when I heard that a dear friend of mine lets call him Frank....Well good ol Frank was feeling down cause some schmack had broke it off and as his co-dependant friend I felt the need to hate this person as much as possible and as cruel and harshly as possible.

My first goal was to text Frank back and make him feel better by texting the following, "F*CK him. That Piece of sh*t M*therf**king c**ksucker can kiss my f*cking ass and die."

I thought the more profanity the better it would make Franky feel. And simply enjoy a liberal use of the profane.

Until I realized that on my Blackberry....well...Frankie is right before Pastor Frank (not his name...again...protecting the innocent)....and I had just sent that text not to Frankie....but my childhood pastor.

To say I about shat myself would be an understatement. I loved this pastor and he was a huge part of my youth and music education and training. Just a wonderful man I would never want to make swallow his tongue by sending this. But. I. Just. Did.

Well. When I left my job for another a few months ago I got a new phone....and thus a new number....and though I had programmed everyone in my phone....some didn't know my news number yet....Pastor Frank one of them.

"I am sorry I think you got the wrong number. And by the way you just texted that to a minister."

That is what I got back. Wanted to puke. However.....this did give a nice out. He had no idea it was me so I could just say. "Oh...Sorry..." and dart. And he would never know.

But I couldn't. I don't know why. So I did the unthinkable and told the truth.

"Uh. Pastor Frank. It is Zack Dobbins and I am really beyond sorry. I had a friend just go through and awful break-up and well....that is what I do. I would never disrespect you and truly apologize."

Silence.

Silence.

Holy shit (no pun intended) I have alienated one of the most wonderful people I know.

Then the reply came. My phone vibrated that someone had texted me. Oh Lord in Heaven. Please don't make this as awful as I think it could be.

And there was the reply.

" LOLOLOLOLOL. THAT is funny. You owe me big time for that! Lunch when you are back in town! LOLOLOLOL"

Now this is what I love about this man. He is brilliant and kind and talented and truly a pastor and believes all many say they do. And acts accordingly. But he loves people. Not dogma or judgement. And loved me for years and could see how me using every curse word in a text to HIM of all people was indeed funny.

Lesson. Check your texts are getting sent to commoners who enjoy as much profanity as you consume and spread..... and maybe once in your life send your opinion leaders and pastors filth ridden texts that are simply against God's will they are so filthy....simply to be reminded some people are truly wonderful and stand by what they say they believe. It is wonderful to be shocked in this way.

And this has turned into one of mine....and I hear through the grapevine...HIS...favorite stories to tell. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment